On 15 and 16 October 2019, ministerial representatives and more than 150 international experts and leaders from science, public administration, politics, the private sector and civil society will meet in Berlin on the occasion of Climate Opportunity 2019: Co-Benefits for Just Energy Futures.
If you wish to attend the conference, please register here.
Under the auspices of Germany’s International Climate Initiative, Climate Opportunity 2019 will be opened by Dr. Karsten Sach, Director General of International and European Policy and Climate Policy at the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
The Global Policy Forum on 15 October 2019 will be organised in the newly opened Futurium Berlin, comprising High-Level Policy Panels, interactive working groups and an exhibition of key initiatives and state-of-the-art knowledge that will address:
- Employment, People’s Health and Economic Prosperity: Can the social and economic opportunities of renewable energy and energy saving drive ambitious climate action?
- How can these co-benefits of climate action support the building of alliances for climate action, and raising the ambition of NDCs, to successfully deliver on the Paris Agreement?
- How can climate policies and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) be connected to facilitate just energy transitions?
- What political leverages can ministries generate to maximise health benefits and opportunities for employment and economic prosperity for our countries?
Deep Dive Workshops on 16 October 2019 will explore:
- Best available tools for country-specific co-benefits assessments
- Communication and public participation to build alliances for ambitious climate action
- Capacity building to mobilise the co-benefits of climate action
Climate Opportunity 2019 is organised by the global COBENEFITS project in partnership with Ambition to Action, powered by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Environment Ministry (BMU).
Conference fee: Full conference (days 1&2): €250; Single day pass (day 1 or day 2): €150. The conference fee includes your attendance at the event, access to all sessions/workshops and the exhibition, meals, refreshments and conference papers.
Online registration is open. Please note that you need to choose your participation options and pay the conference fee in order to complete your registration.
Visa support: In case you require visa support to secure your attendance, we strongly recommend registering as soon as possible, indicating your visa requirements in the registration form.
Further recommendations and contact:
Should you need any further assistance or have questions regarding the conference, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be delighted to welcome you to Climate Opportunity 2019!