The COBENEFITS project offers training courses on the co-benefits of climate change mitigation with renewable energy technologies and on country-specific co-benefits in the partner countries South Africa, India, Vietnam and Turkey.
The courses are created by RENAC, one of the leading international providers for training and capacity building on renewable energy and energy efficiency, in collaboration with the project consortium, national focal points and local knowledge partners.
RENAC follows a blended learning approach, i.e. the combination of online courses (e-learning) as preparation for face-to-face trainings to be conducted in the partner countries in 2018 and 2019. Within the project duration from 3/2017 until 2/2020, the following training measures are planned:
- Creation of new co-benefits online courses with a total learning time of 120 hours (Additionally, further online courses are offered to potential participants depending on the specific needs of the partner countries)
- Face-to-face trainings with a total duration of 14 days in each partner country
The courses will cover various aspects of renewable energy technologies, co-benefits of renewable energy in climate change mitigation, methodologies and tools to assess co-benefits, international and national climate policies, and sustainable power system planning.
Who can apply for the COBENEFITS trainings?
The COBENEFITS training programme is targeting professionals from India, South Africa, Vietnam, and Turkey working in the following public and private sectors:
- Ministries recognising the importance of climate protection/policy and/or with responsibility for energy policy on national level
- Subordinate authorities and regulators, regional or local administration
- Policy makers on subnational/state level
- Financial institutions
- Energy or climate related agencies, think tanks and research institutions
Time schedule for online trainings
- Co-Benefits Fundamentals: start date December 18, 2018/ duration 20 weeks
- Co-Benefits Policies: start date April 2019 / duration 36 weeks
- Co-Benefits Methodology and Energy Planning: start date April 2019 / duration 28 weeks
Time schedule for face-to-face trainings
South Africa: 2018
|ZA_1: Social and Economic opportunities (co-benefits) of Renewable Energy for South Africa – focus on health benefits related to a less carbon-intensive power sector||Nov 2018|
|ZA_2: Social and Economic opportunities (co-benefits) of Renewable Energy for South Africa – Introduction and focus on PV self-consumption||Nov 2018|
|2019||Tba.||IN_1: Social and Economic opportunities (co-benefits) of Renewable Energy for India – focus on energy access opportunities||Tba.|
|2019||Tba.||IN_2: Social and Economic opportunities (co-benefits) of Renewable Energy for India – Introduction and focus on air pollution and health benefits||Tba.|
More information and how to apply
For more information about training topics, requirements for parti cipation, scholarship options, dates and deadlines for application please visit https://www.renac.de/projects/current-projects/co-benefits
Contact: Roman Buss, (email@example.com)