The COBENEFITS project offers training courses on the co-benefits of climate change mitigation with renewable energy technologies and on country-specific co-benefits in the partner countries South Africa, India, Vietnam and Turkey.
The courses are created by RENAC, one of the leading international providers for training and capacity building on renewable energy and energy efficiency, in collaboration with the project consortium, national focal points and local knowledge partners.
RENAC follows a blended learning approach, i.e. the combination of online courses (e-learning) as preparation for face-to-face trainings to be conducted in the partner countries in 2018 and 2019. Within the project duration from 3/2017 until 2/2020, the following training measures are planned:
- Creation of new co-benefits online courses with a total learning time of 120 hours (Additionally, further online courses are offered to potential participants depending on the specific needs of the partner countries)
- Face-to-face trainings with a total duration of 14 days in each partner country
The courses will cover various aspects of renewable energy technologies, co-benefits of renewable energy in climate change mitigation, methodologies and tools to assess co-benefits, international and national climate policies, and sustainable power system planning.
Who can apply for the COBENEFITS trainings?
The COBENEFITS training programme is targeting professionals from India, South Africa, Vietnam, and Turkey working in the following public and private sectors:
- Ministries recognising the importance of climate protection/policy and/or with responsibility for energy policy on national level
- Subordinate authorities and regulators, regional or local administration
- Policy makers on subnational/state level
- Financial institutions
- Energy or climate related agencies, think tanks and research institutions
Time schedule for online trainings
- Co-Benefits Fundamentals: start date December 18, 2018/ duration 20 weeks
- Co-Benefits Policies: start date May 2019 / duration 18 weeks
- Co-Benefits Methodology and Energy Planning: start date September 2019 / duration 28 weeks
For all information on the online trainings visit www.renac.de.
Next face-to-face trainings
|Date||Topic||Deadline for Application||Online application|
|15.+16.07.2019||Social and economic opportunities (co-benefits) of renewable energy for India – Focus on employment opportunities||30.06.2019||Apply here|
|18.+19.07.2019||Social and economic opportunities (co-benefits) of renewable energy for India – Focus on air quality/health opportunities||03.07.2019||Apply here|
South Africa: tba.
More information and how to apply
For more information about training topics, requirements for participation, scholarship options, dates and deadlines for application please visit https://www.renac.de/projects/current-projects/cobenefits/
Contact: Roman Buss, (firstname.lastname@example.org)